BY 2020 HALF OF THE QUERIES WILL BE VOICE SEARCH QUERIES, SO START OPTIMIZING FOR VOICE SEARCH
According to a recent research by comScore, by 2020 there will be over 200 billion voice search queries per month. ComScore also said that more than half of the queries will come through voice search. It is essential for companies to start focusing on voice searches and make strategies to optimize for voice search.
Why is it essential to focus on Voice Search?
1. After digitization has taken place, things have become more convenient and easy and now people are opting for services or things which make their work smooth.
2. Nowadays voice search is being used in homes and hotel rooms and to operate electronic devices. It is gaining popularity amongst mass.
3. Ford has revealed that all of its 2017 automobiles will come with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
4. Google uses featured snippets, structured data, and knowledge graphs to answer your voice queries, which in turn creates an impact on the searcher.
Why is it attracting people?
1. As compared to typing, voice search is much easier.
2. Voice search makes searching faster, as typing consumes more time. A person can speak 100-150 word in a minute, whereas, an average person can type 35-40 words per minute.
3. As Voice search is less time-consuming, a user gets answers pretty quickly. People nowadays are in hurry and want quick results.
4. It enables the user to search even when he/she is busy in other tasks. It allows multitasking and saves time.
How to optimize Voice Search?
1. The digital marketer needs to work on featured snippets, as it is revealed that voice search has more amount of featured snippets than text search.
2. Keep a constant track of your website’s snippets as well as your competitor’s snippets.
3. Voice search queries are longer compared to text search queries and it is beneficial for your business, as long-tail queries are less competitive and are more determined. So, prepare long tail questions about your sites.
4. Keywords of conversational nature will help your website to rank better in voice search query.
5. Prepare content that can provide answers to the common questions related to your business, product or services. Around 10% of voice searches are questions, starting with who, what, How, Where, When.
6. Structure good content using related headers, properly arranged in numbered list.
7. It is essential to have a mobile friendly website as 20% of voice queries are from mobile.
Start optimizing your website for the voice search queries as it is going to increase in near future.